Hyperspeed Hyperspeed

This isn't really my genre of music (I'm a cinematic composer), but I think this could be a bit better.
1) I'd try making sure the bass notes are the roots of the chords- this would clash less with the chords because the bass had a lot of overtones.
2) If I were you, I'd experiment with chords a bit. Especially since the chord progression repeats so much, changing one or two chords could make for an interesting moment. I'd also try using a bit of dissonance, such as 7th chords and stuff, occasionally. Nice song, actually!

Touch Touch

Ok so I can hardly tell a decently-mixed electronic song from an amazingly-mixed one (I'm a cinematic/orchestral composer) so I can't help with that, but the song itself is very well done. I liked the atmosphere you made, and sound design wasn't bad. Some interesting chord choices, it's so nice to see some music theory at work in an electronic song these days. Good job, keep up the good work!

Firth Firth

First, the piano chords at 2:20 and at the end remind me of myself a lot- I do the exact same stuff, putting dissonancey piano chords in between sections of a song. Thumbs up for that! Good piece in general!

Not sure whether or not you've bought any sample libraries or not, but a killer strings library would improve this piece a lot and really help it out. It's expensive though, and I remember my days of only half-decent samples... definitely not saying you have to, it just depends on how much you care for sound quality (I care too much obviously) :)
If you ever do get a sample library make sure you check for an education discount. You can get like 50% sometimes.

phoenixapprentice responds:

I'm just a hobbyist so I haven't put a lot of emphasis on getting better instruments. I use 100% free instruments, the only thing I've paid for is my synthesizer (which I use in songs like this for pads and stuff). It's too expensive for me to buy instruments right now anyway :c
Thank you! Maybe one day if I have enough money to get something good I'll go back and make this song better.

Glow Glow

This was actually pretty good! However, I noticed some stuff and I think it'd be helpful if I pointed out a few things (not to be rude.)
At the louder middle part, the volume was too high and it was being compressed too much. I'd make sure the loudest part is always right at 0 Db in the mixer, and then adjust the rest down. Also, this could benefit from some reverb since it's an orchestral piece; orchestra + reverb is good. Nice song though, keep it up!

phoenixapprentice responds:

Hmm, never thought to add reverb to the orchestra before! Cool idea! I'm not really great at mastering (I've just started to do it 100% on my own) and don't know what the terms are but if I go back and look at the mixer I'm sure I'll see what you're talking about. Thank you! I don't usually go back and edit my songs ... but since this one is getting tons of feedback maybe I will?

Nothingness Nothingness

This was an excellent piece of music, I think! The combination of that piano and synths was absolutely great! The atmosphere you made is also impressive. Also, what piano did you use? The softer notes of it are amazing! I might check it out if it's not mega expensive

BeyondTheBeyond responds:

Thanks =) Its the Maverick piano vst with reverb

Asriel Asriel

Not bad actually, especially for an electronic person. Only gripe is there were times where I felt a ton of (mid-bass?) frequency buildups. It happens if you're not careful, especially with string sustains. Otherwise, it was pretty good!

BECAUSEMETOO responds:

OH MY BAD IT'S YOU AGAIN!
HOW DO YOU GET AROUND SO FAST ARE YOU A MAGICIAN OR SOMETHING!?!?!
wow.... string sustains... i didn't even know i did THAT.... that still sound like a magic spell to me
stringuuuuUUUUs SUSTAAAAAINYYY!!!!
but wow... wow wow wow thank you so much, i will watch out for ummmu..... what is a frequency buildup? >.<
i played it live it was like the second thing i played in my life ahah
so oooooh i'ma sooo flattery flattered thank youuu.... it was like a cover for a song from a game i had no notes actually so ear training got me excited now. have you heard about it?
and also can you play instruments?? sorry if you wrote it somewhere and i missed it, but you know how it is, how you can write without playing anything :3
im just SSUUUUUPER CURIOUSUS!

Bad Time 404 (I can't count too! x_x) Bad Time 404 (I can't count too! x_x)

Ok so 95% of my music is orchestral, so I'm not overly familiar with electronic music. However I really like the sound design choices in this song, not sure why but the pads and basses etc sound quite nice. Thumbs up for using a piano too!
Reverb was a bit heavy, maybe use less on the drums, not sure. that's just my opinion. Good job though!

BECAUSEMETOO responds:

OOOOHMYYYYBAD DIDNT EXPECT TO SEE YOU HERE
WELCOME WELCOME ooooooooh it's all messy and aaaaahhh....
I ACTUALLY HAVE ORCHESTRAL MUSIC TOO!!!
it's in my audio called - Asriel.
also spot on about the reverb, i forgot to tweak it all since the last song (i made it in the same project)